The structure presented here and the underlying objectives follow the resolution of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy 2019.
Smart City Wien aims to be Europe’s “digitalisation capital” – characterised by openness to new technologies and their useful, resource-efficient application. This starts with farsighted planning of infrastructure and extends to the development of smart solutions and comprehensive service provision for the local population. Throughout this process, the focus always remains on people and their specific needs. Working with partners from research and industry, Vienna utilises digitalisation in a targeted manner to drive innovation for the city’s future and as an effective tool for attainment of its climate goals.
Objectives in the area Digitalisation:
- As part of a joint digitalisation strategy, the City of Vienna and its municipal enterprises use digital data, tools and artificial intelligence in applications that help conserve resources and maintain the city’s high quality of life.
- By 2025, all processes and services of the municipal administration and its associated enterprises are digitalised and fully automated wherever possible.
- Vienna has a modern, needs-based digital infrastructure designed for energy- and resource-efficient operation.
- The City of Vienna uses digital data (mined using state-of-the-art technologies and analytical methods) to support decision-making and for real-time management of urban systems.
- The City of Vienna uses digital tools to create transparency, enable participation and position itself as a pioneer in the field of open government.
- The City of Vienna actively makes available the data it generates as open government data, especially for scientific, academic and educational use.
- The City of Vienna actively seeks collaboration with third parties in order to pilot digital applications, technologies and infrastructure in practice-based urban digital labs and prepare them for roll-out across the entire city.
This post is also available in: German