The structure presented here and the underlying objectives follow the resolution of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy 2014. The adaptation to the updated version of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy will follow shortly.
International rankings and studies underline, that Vienna exhibits a particularly high quality of life and an equally high degree of social participation. That is substantial location factor and plays an important in regards to urban development. Smart urban development creates prerequisites in spatial planning and structural conditions, that facilitate the process of changing to environmentally and climate friendly mobility forms.
Objectives in the area Economy and Employment:
- The productivity of Vienna’s urban economy constantly increases, underpinning the city’s prosperity, resource efficiency and competitiveness.
- The incomes and job satisfaction of Viennese citizens constantly increase, while social inequality declines.
- The material efficiency of the Viennese economy increases by 30% by 2030.
- Products manufactured in Vienna are durable and recyclable and their production processes are largely waste and pollutant free.
- In 2030, Vienna has a global reputation as the hub of a resource-efficient circular economy and attracts investment and talent in this sector.
This post is also available in: German