The structure presented here and the underlying objectives follow the resolution of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy 2019.
Vienna aims to retain its position as one of the most economically successful cities in the EU – with high living standards, good working conditions and equitable opportunities for personal development for everyone who lives here. To this end, Smart City Wien places special emphasis on securing the basis for a good life, both now and for future generations. Vienna’s evolution into an environmentally and socially sustainable location for smart businesses will entail profound structural changes. The central guiding principle here is the transition to a circular economy.
Objectives in the area Economy and Employment:
- The productivity of Vienna’s urban economy constantly increases, underpinning the city’s prosperity, resource efficiency and competitiveness.
- The incomes and job satisfaction of Viennese citizens constantly increase, while social inequality declines.
- The material efficiency of the Viennese economy increases by 30% by 2030.
- Products manufactured in Vienna are durable and recyclable and their production processes are largely waste and pollutant free.
- In 2030, Vienna has a global reputation as the hub of a resource-efficient circular economy and attracts investment and talent in this sector.
This post is also available in: German