The structure presented here and the underlying objectives follow the resolution of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy 2014. The adaptation to the updated version of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy will follow shortly.
Physical, but in particular also psychosocial health, are substantial factors for individual well-being and life satisfaction. A health promoting environment is to be ensured for all age groups and has to be promoted and guaranteed from kindergarten on, to schools, through to workplaces.
Objectives in the area Health:
- Strengthening of health-promoting conditions of life and health literacy of all population groups.
- Safeguarding of medical care at the highest level due to demand-oriented and efficient supply structures and processes (best point of service) for all citizens as well as reduction and shortening of hospital stays.
- To safeguard a strong and socially equitable public healthcare system, the Vienna Hospital Association and its facilities will remain a publicly-owned enterprise.
- Potentials for greater efficiency must be systematically reviewed and used in all areas.
- The inhabitants of Smart City Wien are happy with the quantity and quality of their leisure time.
This post is also available in: German