The structure presented here and the underlying objectives follow the resolution of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy 2019.
Good health is seen by many as the most important commodity, and is essential to individual well-being and life satisfaction. Smart City Wien therefore focuses on a farsighted healthcare system with the emphasis on prevention, support for active ageing and a healthy living environment. A particular challenge here are the changing environmental conditions brought on by climate change, most notably the growing incidence of heatwaves, which call for a comprehensive package of mitigation and adaptation measures.
Objectives in the area Healthcare:
- In 2030 the healthy life expectancy of the Viennese population has increased by two years.
- Provision of high-quality medical care in Vienna is guaranteed.
- Smart City Wien supports healthy active ageing – care-dependent Viennese citizens receive high-quality care at home or close to home for as long as possible.
- Health literacy is promoted at both the individual and organisational level.
- All social groups, especially vulnerable ones, are protected against the health risks associated with climate change.
This post is also available in: German