Vienna is growing, and so is the number of trips taken within the city. In the field of mobility, attention is paid to ensure sufficiency as well as efficiency.
Objectives in the area Mobility:
- Strengthening of CO2-free modes (walking and cycling), maintenance of the high share of public transport and decrease of motorised individual traffic (MIT) in the city to 20% by 2025, to 15% by 2030, and to markedly less than 15% by 2050.
- By 2030, the largest possible share of MIT is to be shifted to public transport and non-motorised types of traffic or should make use of new propulsion technologies (e.g. electric-powered vehicles).
- By 2050, all motorised individual traffic within the municipal boundaries is to make do without conventional propulsion technologies.
- By 2030, commercial traffic originating and terminating within the municipal boundaries is to be largely CO2-free.
- Reduction of energy consumption by passenger traffic across municipal boundaries by 10% in 2030.
This post is also available in: German