The structure presented here and the underlying objectives follow the resolution of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy 2014. The adaptation to the updated version of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy will follow shortly.
Objectives in the area Participation:
- The City of Vienna continuously works on its participation standards in partnership with local people, and participation is generally increasing
- All social groups have the opportunity to become actively involved in co-shaping Smart City Wien.
- Vienna develops and employs various tools to give the public a say on budgeting and use of public funds.
- The opportunities for public participation in Smart City Wien are visible and accessible to all.
- Urban labs at neighbourhood level have been created to pilot new innovation methods and processes for Smart City Wien and build networks of local actors and stakeholders.
This post is also available in: German