The structure presented here and the underlying objectives follow the resolution of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy 2014. The adaptation to the updated version of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy will follow shortly.
Vienna is world-renowned for its successful social participation and its high-quality public services. The continuation of the Viennese path towards social inclusion is of utmost importance in order to ensure participation of everyone. Social inclusion stands for a candid and solidary society, for peaceful cohabitation, mutual respect and acceptance. Social variety and diversity are perceived to be an opportunity. This requires an appropriate configuration of the social network – as dense as necessary and as individual as possible.
Objectives in the area Social Inclusion:
- Vienna is a diverse city that promotes gender equality and opportunities for participation for all who live here.
- Vienna provides high quality of life and amenity value in all parts of the city by investing in public infrastructure, strengthening community cohesion and fostering urban competences.
- Vienna continues to provide an adequate supply of high-quality subsidised housing to reduce the percentage of people who cannot afford their housing costs.
- Vienna stands out for its fair working conditions, adequate wages for gainful employment and social welfare structures, which allow a decent standard of living for all.
- Municipal services are accessible to all citizens of Vienna – to an increasing extent in digital form, and, where required, in analogue form as previously.
This post is also available in: German