The structure presented here and the underlying objectives follow the resolution of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy 2014. The adaptation to the updated version of the Smart City Wien Framework Strategy will follow shortly.
Objectives in the area Water and Waste:
- Less waste is produced thanks to a wide range of waste prevention measures.
- Vienna’s waste collection systems enable an increasingly large proportion of waste to be recycled or reused as secondary raw materials.
- High standards of waste management ensure reliable, safe disposal of waste to minimise the burden on the environment.
- Vienna’s water supply and waste water management infrastructure is maintained and operated to a high standard and in a resource-efficient manner.
- In Vienna, as much rainwater as possible is fed back into the local natural or near-natural water cycle.
This post is also available in: German